The Restructure and Insolvency Services team in our Corporate Finance Division provides investigation, restructuring, turnaround and insolvency advice and services to underperforming and financially distressed businesses, their lenders and stakeholders.
We always work with stakeholders to save businesses. However, there are times when problems are severe and the most efficient and effective recovery process can only take place through formal insolvency procedures.
Our team of specialists have experience in dealing with a wide range of different sized businesses and sectors. Our focus always remains on providing practical, cost effective solutions and advice in a timely and efficient manner.
We offer the following services:
- Conduct independent business reviews.
- Develop and implement restructure proposals.
- Facilitate the disposal of existing non-core assets or under-performing business units.
- Function as Administrators, with the aim of restructuring a company, or in the case of a company beyond rescue, achieving a better result for creditors than from a court insolvency proceeding.
- Advise and perform the dissolution of a solvent company in an orderly manner, under a Members’ Voluntary Liquidation.
- Advise and perform the dissolution of an insolvent company with the concurrence of all stakeholders, under a Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation.
- Perform statutory appointments made by courts for bankrupt or insolvent companies under a Court Liquidation in the capacity of Official Receivers, Provisional Liquidators and Liquidators.
- Provide advice on Directors’ responsibilities.
- Advise on collection remedies and exit strategies, negotiations with creditors, and facilitate a creditors’ compromise in terms of the Companies Act.
- Advise and perform valuation of securities and post-lending reviews.
- Provide litigation support, offering financial and business expertise to achieve an optimal outcome at any stage of a commercial dispute.
Investing in Sri Lanka – By G J David (Partner, SJMS Associates)